Sunday, August 11, 2013

That time of year again.

Yes, it is that time of year again. Back to school. As a kid, I adored back to school. New clothes, new school supplies new teacher! All of these things were infinitely exciting to me all throughout school, and even in college. It was such an electrifying time. I loved using my new crayons, and wearing my favorite outfits (yes, even in college) and I would stay up late on the eve of school just thinking about all the possibilities.

 

Now as an adult and a teacher, school presents a slightly more stressful time of year then it did for me as a child. I have so much to do to get my classroom ready and set for the kids, so much preparation, and so much copying. Despite all these stressors that are now back in my life, I am honestly also rather excited. Just like those days when I was a kid, I wonder who will be in my class, if we will get along, and what fun projects the year has in store for me and my students. I bought my new crayons (for the kids, but I can still test them first, right?) and have my first day dress all prepared. It makes me giddy to think about it. This is why I must say that despite all the crummy things that come with my job, I really do enjoy it. So here is to Back to School. I guess I will be staying up late tonight and wondering about all the possibilities that tomorrow could hold!

No comments:

Post a Comment